Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Baby's Quilt and Potholders


The past couple of days have been very productive for me. My sewing area is completely cleaned. I am steadily organizing. I have been surfing the net looking for creative and unique ideas for quilty/sewing storage. So many really cute and ingenious ideas. I need to utilize my pinterest account so I can keep track of all the wonderful ideas. I want it all so I can have the Perfect sewing area!! Will have to take my time.

While I'm taking my time I want to share with you my latest top finished. It started with those cute colored blocks with the black in the center. These 8 blocks were left over from a swap I did. I wanted to used them so they were not just laying around any longer and this is the creation I came up with. The original blocks were 6.5in. I traced a template to get the butterflies and this was born. It is the perfect size for a baby. I need to applique to butterflies and then I will gift this to the ladies in my guild who quilt so that it can be donated to the local Catholic Women's Home for Pregnant Moms. Such a cute quilt!

(The yellow is my design wall color)

The two pictures below are potholders that I finally finished. The first is from a set and I have about 5 more of these to make. The second one is made from scraps. I just can't let a good scrap go!! Here is my remake of several fabrics.We are rough on our potholders and these scrappy ones are always put to good use.



My challenges for the next few days...

1. Finish my Sewing Machine Cover
2. Make my scrappy picnic quilt for the Sew Scraps A Long
3. Quilt and Bind two Christmas table runners.
4. Keep leader/endering the pieced boarder for Dad's quilt.

What are you up to the rest of the week?


No comments:

Post a Comment