Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My Very First FMQ Finished Quilt

I have to brag!! I did it!! I finally Free Motion Quilted an entire quilt. I actually completed a 5 point star challenge in the Carol Doak yahoo group, made it into a quilt and FMQed the whole thing. I had had some real troubles the past few months trying to figure this out. But a really dear friend Carol wouldn't let me give up. Thank you Carol!


Here are a few pictures of the work in progress.


5in Star


10in star


Audition of fabrics I used with the stars.


Top put together. 


Loopy FMQ around the large star.


Loops and Stars FMQ in all of the pink area!!


Final Quilt. 


So now that I have taken the plunge and finished a quilt I will be doing more FMQing in the future. All those UFO's will now get finished!! Yippee!





2 comments:

  1. Way to Go, Gigi! That is quite an accomplishment and you should be proud! Lovely Quilt.....well done.

    ReplyDelete