Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas Stuffs

There was a discussion recently about what a scrap was. Some people stated that their scraps were made up of things from fat quarters to 2.5 in pieces. Most said they don't use much less than 2 in pieces for scraps. Me, well, I use everything. All those threads and trimmings and such that most just trash into the trashcan and then take out with the trash, I keep those. Yes, I really do. I use them to make pillows or stuff ornaments like this little tree here. It is stuffed full of batting trimmings, block trimmings, strings. Anything, that most would call trash, its stuffed into this little tree. I was able to make over 45 of these ornaments using up two FULL ziplock bags of trimmings. Not a bit of quilting goes to waste in my house...LOL.


The next item I finally got finished is this Christmas pillow.  I could have made it with strips of fabric, but I had been gifted these fabrics in 2 in blocks. I sewed them all together to make a throw pillow.


I also made this table runner using up some o those 2in blocks, then pulled the burgundy fabric from my stash. This will look perfect on my Christmas dinner table. Once I get it decorated Ill have to come back and post a picture of what it looks like. I'm so excited to finally get going on some of my Christmas project. Better late than never, right???


So what are you making this Christmas season??








1 comment:

  1. Lovely pillow. I would love to invite you for the christmas pillow linky party in my blog. Please do come and join the party with your lovely pillow

    ReplyDelete