Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Two Complete Projects and One Complete Top

Orca Bay Top...DONE, DONE, DONE!!


I couldn't decide if I wanted to put another border on this and have decided that I like it just the way it is. It is finally finished and I think it is wonderful. Now have to decide what to do for the backing. I have a few ideas. This is going to be a beast to quilt on my domestic. May take a while to finish. Simple meander is what Ill use so I can hit all the little bits in this. Im so happy it is done!!


Back in March,  I was given a ton of scraps and such from a lady who passed away... See Beefing Up My Stash. I happened across these squares the other day and instead of just putting them away again, I decided to make a pillow. I had just enough to make this. It goes well with my daughter decor in her room. Guess who claimed it!! Yup... Daughter did!! LOL.


Why is it when you join a swap, you end up loving the item you are sending to your partner? This is for the Friendship Embroidery Mini Quilt Swap over at the Quilting Gallery. This is the first time I have ever attempted embroidery and the first time I actually matched the corners of the last border this way. I know there is a name for it, but it escapes me right now. Ill add it when I think of it...LOL. I really hope my partners likes what I came up with.


So those are my recent finishes. I am working on some candy corn mug rugs and a Halloween Quilt. What are you up to?









1 comment:

  1. Oh I love your Orka Bay quilt!! I keep thinking about that one, but maybe some day lol. And I am sure your partner will love what you have done!

    ReplyDelete