Monday, January 16, 2012

Gifty from a Quild Member



I put out a request for scraps at my quilt guild. That is the Silver Thimble Quilt Guild. I was gifted a huge bag back in November, but haven't been able to do anything with the bag. Today I sat down and started cutting squares. I am desperately in need of 1.5 squares so that I can make the pieced border for my Dad's Crabapple quilt. Got alot of 1.5, 2.5, and 3.5 squares cut. As I went digging deeper in the bag I found a bunch of these...

These are not your typical triangles...lol

I thought about these for days and finally tried to sew them together the way I thought they would go. Lo and Behold, they came out just like I thought. 

A cute little circle!! 

Now I have to figure out how to make a square to be able to put them together in a quilt. I am going to go with scrappy circle centers. Not sure yet how many I will end up with. This one goes along with the Sew Scrap Along. Using up those scraps. 

I love scraps. I don't throw away any scraps. I keep all of them and eventually have enough to fill  a pillow. Quilty Pillows stuffed with left over batting, unsewable (is that a word?) scraps and threads. What a way to recycle!!









1 comment:

  1. Love your orange and white circle! Just add 4 right triangles to the corners and you will have a Block! Have fun! Cheers, Cathy vJ in MA

    ReplyDelete