Saturday, January 14, 2012

Things I Have Been Working on This Week

I have been a busy busy beaver this week. I haven't been able to sew for quite a while due to a tear in my shoulder and then having to have surgery back at the beginning of December. I couldn't stand it any longer and have been furiously sewing for days. I have had to ice my shoulder but it is holding up pretty well. I am so happy as I was missing sewing so badly. Below are a few more things I have been working on.

1. I made some more houses for the Scrappy House Leap Year Quilt. I am still a few behind but I figured out the best way to chain piece them. I can get 4 done in a 30 min sitting. I should be able to get caught back up quickly.

2. 2012 Monthly Challenge at FabLoversSwap . This month we were to make a cover for our sewing machine or serger, etc. So I went looking online and this is the one HERE that I decided to make. I did however modify mine a little as it seemed to be a bit short. I added a ruffle to mine.

3. I joined in the Rainbow Swap over at Strawberry Patch Ramblings . I chose to do two spots. We are to send in 56 5x5 charms to swap and you get back 55 different charms. Did  you see that? 55 DIFFERENT Charms, all in the colors of the rainbow. I was assigned green and yellow.


4. The other thing I have been working on is my free motion quilting. I am having a time of it learning how to move the fabric at the same time as I sew. ugh. It is definitely a learning curve. I am embarrassed to show what it looks like. I will have to work up the nerve. That will be a post for another time.

As I said a busy beaver is me. So I am off to get the binding finished on some more pot holders and watch a movie with the hubby. Night all!!






2 comments: